For these of you fortunate sufficient to obtain a number of full-ride scholarships, you’ll quickly discover yourselves embroiled in one other predicament — which scholarship you must go for.
You may be asking the identical query when you have but to use — in that case, good for you. As the appliance journey is often lengthy and complex from begin to finish, it pays to know which full trip scholarship to concentrate on.
Right here’s a helpful breakdown of the two most well-known scholarships for worldwide college students that can assist you get began:
Chevening Scholarship eligibility necessities
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible nation or territory.
- Accomplished all parts of an undergraduate diploma that may allow you to realize entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK college by the point you submit your software
- Apply to three completely different eligible UK college programs and have obtained an unconditional provide from one among these decisions
- You possibly can nonetheless apply to review for a second grasp’s diploma if you have already got one, as long as it’s not from a UK college or on a UK-based scholarship
Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship eligibility necessities
- You will need to have a bachelor’s diploma or be in your final 12 months of bachelor’s research and graduate earlier than the grasp’s programme begins
- You might also apply if you happen to display a bachelor’s equal degree of studying. This have to be formally recognised, in keeping with nationwide laws and practices, within the diploma awarding nation
Erasmus vs Chevening
Whereas each the Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters scholarship and the Chevening scholarship are prestigious, these are two fully completely different funding choices that may make or break your examine overseas expertise.
In the end, it’s as much as you to resolve which full trip scholarship works for you, however beneath are a number of key elements about every one that can assist you make your determination:
1. English necessities
Erasmus: Every Joint Masters programme has a unique requirement that must be fulfilled. Whereas some require English, others don’t and as an alternative, require you to be proficient in different European languages.
Chevening: The English language requirement was eliminated in 2020 however you’re nonetheless required to fulfil the college necessities of your three decisions.
2. Utility Timeline
Erasmus: Most programmes require functions to be submitted between October and January for programs beginning the next tutorial 12 months.
Chevening: The method of choosing Chevening Students takes a minimal of eight months from the appliance deadline to when candidates are conditionally chosen for an award. Right here is an overview of the appliance and choice course of, so that you at all times know what’s occurring.
3. Time to finish the course
Erasmus: Relying on the grasp’s programme, it could final from one to 2 years.
Chevening: Typically not more than a 12 months as most UK taught grasp’s programmes final from 9 to months to a 12 months.
Erasmus: Interviews are usually held by the consortia of the programme you utilized for.
Chevening: As soon as, by the embassy or excessive fee in your nation.
5. Journey alternatives
Erasmus: You’ll examine in no less than two European international locations.
Chevening: Primarily based within the UK, and solely at one college.
Erasmus: Programs are restricted to a list of round 160 programs
Chevening: Programs can’t be part-time, distance studying, and a PhD or DPhil.
7. Work expertise
Erasmus: You aren’t required to have any work expertise.
Chevening: Have no less than two years (equal to 2,800 hours) of labor expertise.
Erasmus: No bond restriction to return to your examine vacation spot
Chevening: Return to your nation of citizenship for a minimal of two years after your award has ended.
Erasmus: College students at grasp’s degree from everywhere in the world can apply.
Chevening: You aren’t eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you happen to verify one among these containers.