Advert hoc announcement
pursuant to Artwork. 53 LR
Helvetia impresses with worthwhile, above-market development and robust technical outcomes
A very powerful particulars in regards to the 2022 interim monetary statements at a look:
Worthwhile development and robust technical outcomes
- Helvetia elevated its enterprise quantity by 1.1% on a currency-adjusted foundation to
CHF 6,799.9 million. The primary development driver was the non-life enterprise with above-market,currency-adjusted development of 6.6% in all of the nation markets.
- The IFRS end result after tax amounted to
CHF 219.5 million. In a difficult atmosphere, the great end result was underpinned by profitable technical efficiency in all segments and enterprise areas.
- Within the non-life enterprise, Helvetia achieved a rise in its technical end result to
CHF 183.3 million, because of the great high quality of its portfolio and profitable development in enticing enterprise strains. In life insurance coverage, the margin after prices of CHF 216.1 millionremained steady on the prior-year degree and confirmed improved financial savings and price ends in specific.
- Helvetia has excellent capitalisation with an “A+” ranking awarded by the
S&P World Rankings(S&P) ranking company in addition to an estimated SST ratio in extra of 280% on the finish of June 2022( 1 January 2022: 260%).
- The energy of Helvetia’s steadiness sheet can also be evident in its comfy financial dividend ca- pacity of
CHF 0.8 billion(as at 31 December 2021).
helvetia 20.25 technique: improved enterprise combine and strengthened worldwide orientation
- As a part of its profitable technique implementation, Helvetia diminished the share of life enterprise in to- tal enterprise quantity by means of the sale of the life insurance coverage firm
Sa Nostra Vidaand elevated its share in Caser on the similar time. Consequently, non-life enterprise has once more turn out to be extra signifi- cant.
- With regard to additional development within the worldwide specialty insurance coverage and reinsurance enterprise in addition to within the space of embedded insurance coverage, Helvetia has realigned its enterprise in
Liechtensteinbelow the identify Helvetia World Options.
- In accordance with the technique, the price enterprise developed dynamically with currency-adjusted development of twenty-two.3%.
“Helvetia can look again on a profitable first half of 2022. We continued alongside the expansion path of latest years, gained market share throughout the board and achieved robust technical ends in doing so. The implementation of our helvetia 20.25 technique was additionally very pleasing. We additional improved the enterprise combine in
Good earnings because of extraordinarily sturdy technical outcomes
Working in a difficult atmosphere, Helvetia generated a powerful IFRS end result after tax of
In the meantime, the funding ends in the non-life and life enterprise have been impacted by monetary market developments. These have been formed by uncertainties and volatility within the first half of 2022 relative to the robust efficiency within the earlier 12 months. Consequently, the Group’s IFRS end result after tax was considerably decrease total than within the profitable prior-year interval.
Non-life enterprise and price enterprise put up important development
Total, the Group’s non-life enterprise proved a powerful development driver with currency-adjusted development of 6.6% to
In life insurance coverage, enterprise quantity amounted to
The price enterprise once more developed strongly in accordance with the helvetia 20.25 technique. Charge and fee revenue was 22.3% up over the prior-year interval in authentic forex at CHF
193.4 million. Helvetia is making superb progress in the direction of reaching its purpose of annual price revenue of over
Improved mixed ratio because of a resilient portfolio and decrease prices
Within the non-life enterprise, the Group web mixed ratio got here to 93.6% (first half of 2021: 94.5%) and thus improved by nearly one share level. The worth is inside the strategic goal vary of 92 to 94 %. Total, the non-life enterprise posted robust technical develop- ment. The portfolio thus proved resilient within the face of rising inflationary stress and the additional normalisation of claims frequencies in particular person enterprise strains following the pandemic. The non-life enterprise additionally developed positively on the fee aspect, as the continuing effectivity measures made their presence felt as did economies of scale because of the worthwhile development.
New enterprise margin improves additional
The brand new enterprise margin rose to three.4% (first half of 2021: 3.0% with out Caser), pushed by a extra helpful enterprise combine and better rates of interest. It thus exceeded the goal vary of 2-3%.
Sturdy capitalisation and cozy financial dividend capability
Helvetia’s capitalisation stays wonderful. Helvetia estimates that its SST ratio rose to above 280% as at
Profitable technique implementation permits additional worthwhile development
A outstanding characteristic of the helvetia 20.25 technique is worthwhile development: with the sale of
Helvetia is creating right into a European monetary companies supplier for insurance coverage and pension provision. As introduced in March, the web insurer Smile is being rolled out in European mar- kets, beginning in
An extra strategic precedence is taking new alternatives, particularly as regards the expansion of price enterprise. Helvetia is thereby accessing new sources of revenue, differentiating its enterprise combine and making itself extra impartial of rate of interest developments. “The dynamic development of the price enterprise is a very good instance of the robust additional improvement of Helvetia”, explains
Improved sustainability ranking
Helvetia desires to contribute to the sustainable improvement of each the economic system and society. Varied sustainability successes have been achieved up to now. These achievements are additionally recognised externally, as proven by the latest upgrading of our ESG ranking to “A” by
- A media breakfast will probably be held at this time in
Zurichat this time in German at 9.00 a.m. CEST. Phone participation is by way of the next numbers: +41 (0) 58 310 50 00 ( Switzerland/ Europe), +44 (0) 207 107 06 13 ( UK), +1 (1) 631 570 56 13 (US).
- There’ll then be a convention name for analysts and traders in English at
11.00 a.m. CEST. The dial-in numbers for the analysts’ convention are: +41 (0) 58 310 50 00 ( Switzerland/Eu- rope), +44 (0) 207 107 06 13 ( UK), +1 (1) 631 570 56 13 (US).
- The convention name (English) will be heard reside on the Web atwww.helvetia.com. (Audio). A replay will probably be accessible at www.helvetia.comfrom round
4.30 p.m. CEST.
- The interim report and the slides for the media and analysts’ convention can be found immedi- ately for obtain atwww.helvetia.com/half-year-results.
- An evidence of the choice efficiency measures used will be discovered within the interim report from web page 31.
- Watch the video interview with Group CEO
For additional info please contact:
Head of Investor Relations
Head of Media Relations
Telephone: +41 58 280 59 23
Telephone: +41 58 280 50 33
In regards to the
Helvetia is the main all-lines insurer in
That is an excerpt of the unique content material. To proceed studying it, entry the unique doc right here.